conceptual self portrait

1/7 sec, f/2.2, ISO 1600, 1.80 mm

I decided to take this picture because of my love for music. I took a picture of a few of the albums I have. These albums are also my favorite ones that I have. It also has my guitar pick because not only do I love listening to music I also love playing it. Lately I have been working really hard on my guitar. My disc player is one of my favorite things in my room not only can I listen to my albums on there but I can also listen to the radio. I have my headphones there because well I use them to listen to music. The albums I have in this picture are some of my favorite artist. Including Billie Eilish, Deftones, Korn, Pixies, and Selena Quintanilla. Most of these albums were bought at Amoeba which is one of my favorite stores to shop at I buy albums, posters and pins there. The Selena album is actually an original from the 90’s which my mom gave me. I cherish that album since it is an original but also because my mom gave it to me even though Selena is one of her favorite artists.

I have glasses there too. They were my dads but he doesn’t wear them so I took them. I wanted the glasses to represent how I love fashion. I love making fits even though in school all my outfits are basic, I love fashion. I find fashion interesting and I think you can really express who you are with your clothes. Although I love fashion, music will always be the thing I love the most. I love rock, pop, rap, spanish everything except… country I don’t know I just don’t like it. But music has really helped me with many troubles. Whether it was sadness, heart break anything. I feel that I can never truly express my feelings the way I want to. But there was always a song that explained exactly how I felt, and if there wasn’t I would make one. I’ve never truly finished a song but I have wrote lyrics and that really helped me get through stuff.

Cindy Sherman | MoMA

I like this picture of Cindy Sherman because even though it’s a little basic compared to her other pictures it’s creative. I like Cindy’s work because I find it impressive how she does her own make up, gets her own costumes and takes her own pictures. Like she doesn’t need anyone else to make something amazing like portraits. I think it’s very inspiring how she can do things all on her own. I think I would definitely love doing self portrait for a living because I like being alone and doing things on my own.