Walker Evans

I chose Walker Evans, because his work is aesthetically pleasing. What intrigues me is his work and how it’s either about a town or about the people in it. He seems to take a lot of momentĀ  pictures which I think is cool because I know it’s not the easiest thing to do. He must ‘ve had a lot of patience. Judging from his work I can tell he was a kind person because a lot of his pictures have people and he doesn’t seem to care about the color or race of the people on his pictures. Which is very nice considering that all his pictures look like they were taken between 1929 to 1973. All his pictures are about his people and his home town. They’re about the hardworking people in his town. Or his Church. Even just some movie posters on the wall. He seems to really have fun with his pictures. It seems like he takes photography for fun or to show people more about his town. Which I think is really nice. His town looks nice. He really shows that he seems to love his town. Some of his work is actually pretty sad. Like how it shows people who work hard for their life. I like his church pictures. I like his New York pictures. He goes to a lot of different places and states. Like Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Alabama, New York. He seems to travel a lot and take pictures of whatever he sees in those places. Like a couple on a bridge orĀ  a hardworking kid at a road stand. He has a picture of a grave. The tittle is just grave no place no more information. I think that’s mysterious and it kind of makes the picture better. He takes pictures of people in a subway station and I think it shows how he doesn’t really care who sees him taking pictures because he wants to take pictures. He likes taking pictures and he won’t let judgments stop him from doing what he does. He can take a picture of someone right in front of them and he won’t care if they tell him anything, he’ll still take it.